Dear Valued Customer, Suppliers, Vendors and Supply Chain Partners,
SJ Transportation (SJ) will continue to closely monitor the impacts of Coronavirus (COVID‐19) as we strive to ensure the health and safety of our collective employees, clients and communities. We have taken measures within our workforce and terminal in Woodstown, NJ to support the health and safety of our work environment, customers, and general public at large. Below are the precautions we have currently put in place:
- Limiting access to the Woodstown, NJ Terminal
- Only allowing SJ personnel to access common areas such as bathrooms, lunchrooms and driver lounge.
- Educating and requiring personnel to exercise increased precautionary measures.
- Use good hygiene: instructing all employees to wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after they have been in a public place, or after blowing their nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- If sick: stay home, seek medical attention. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow. Throw used tissuesin the trash. Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, clean your hands with a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Keep Your Work Area Clean: SJ is providing cleaning materials so that commonly used surfaces can be wiped down before each use. All surfaces such as frequently touched counters, objects, including workstations, desks, doorknobs, computer keyboard, phone, etc. will be cleaned multiple times a day.
- Social Distancing: SJ is implementing the below social distancing guidelines in all areas of our business that we can to help minimize the spread of this disease:
During the workday, employees are requested to:
- Avoid meeting people face‐to‐face. Employees are encouraged to use the telephone, online conferencing, e‐mail or instant messaging to conduct business as much as possible, even when participants are in the same building.
- If a face‐to‐face meeting is unavoidable, minimize the meeting time, choose a large meeting room and sit at least one yard from each other if possible; avoid person‐to‐person contact such as shaking hands.
- Avoid any unnecessary travel and cancel or postpone nonessential meetings, gatherings, workshops and training sessions.
- Do not congregate in work rooms, pantries, copier rooms or other areas where people socialize.
- Bring lunch and eat at your desk or away from others (avoid lunchrooms and crowded restaurants).
- Encourage members and others to request information and orders via phone and e‐ mail in order to minimize person‐to‐person contact. Have the orders, materials and information ready for fast pick‐up or delivery.
Customer Service / Parts & Maintenance Related Customers during the workday:
- All office doors will be locked except for the Shop door on the east side of the building. All visitors will be required to enter thru this door.
- All visitors, vendors, delivery personnel are expected to conduct their pickup and/or delivery and leave the premises. No congregating inside SJ’s facilities, bathrooms or lunchroom. These areas will be restricted to SJ employees only.
- Avoid meeting people face‐to‐face. If a face‐to‐face meeting is unavoidable, minimize the meeting time, keep a distance of at least one yard from each other if possible; avoid person‐to‐person contact such as shaking hands.
- Employees are encouraged to use the telephone, online conferencing, e‐mail or instant messaging to conduct business as much as possible, even when participants are in the same building.
Drivers operating outside of the Woodstown Terminal during the workday:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Keep your truck clean, wipe surfaces down with cleaning wipes or cleaning solution on a daily basis.
- Use nitrile gloves while pumping fuel or using kiosks at any large public area like a truck stop.
- Avoid unnecessary contact with people. Drivers are encouraged to limit face to face meetings, however if that is unavoidable maintain as much distance as possible to still conduct business.
- Do not share pens, use only your pen. If that is not possible after using someone else’s pen wash your hands or use hand sanitizer.
As time moves on and more information becomes available, we may change these precautions and/or implement more stringent measures. SJ asks that you join us in this national effort to ensure the health and safety of our employees, friends, family and customers. Thank you.
Edward B. Remster